ENTIRE PAGE CAREFULLY!
are Case Sensitive
be sure you enter your UserID (User Name) and Password as you
did when you signed up or they will not work (case sensitive and
spaces between words sensitive, if any)...
2) Make Sure You Are Loging In on the Proper Website…
Here is Where You Go to Login for Your Specific Membership(s):
Membership "The Taking
Care of Business Website!"
SMP Member - Login Here
TMBIO Membership "The Ultimate Research Site!"
TMBIO Member - Login Here
SongConnect "The Hot List of Record Producers Currently Seeking Song Material"
SongConnect Member - Login Here
LaCostaMusic.com Has Several Membership Websites. Your Password will ONLY work on sites you have joined. Your Password will NOT work to enter membership sites you have not joined (the "Authorization Required" page will appear). For example, if you are on the SMP site and you try to click on any links marked TMBIO, you will not be allowed access unless you have a TMBIO Account (the TMBIO site is a completely separate membership site and you must be a TMBIO member to enter that site). For further explanation of these membership websites, Click Here.
3) Handshaking and other types of "glitches" can often occur when there is high traffic, i.e., when your Internet connection is slow. If this is a problem (especially on Friday afternoons), just wait for a few minutes and try again.
4) Your ISP could be having an overload problem...If you use AOL, it is particularly known for not providing enough bandwidth to properly handle its customers' demands. I would not recommend AOL as an ISP, they constantly have bandwidth problems. Not having enough bandwidth will cause your browser to have trouble "handshaking" with a web page. Plus, when a web page requires a Password, the handshake is particularly vulnerable to bandwidth since it has to swap more information to enable the connection to be fully completed.
5) Also, your modem may not connect at its fastest capable rate...reconnect and check to see if your modem connects at its optimum speed. Connecting at a lower speed can cause handshaking problems which can cause the dreaded "Authorization Required" error page to appear
AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED ERROR PAGE:
6) Sometimes your own browser can glitch and it will keep you from making contact with a Password Protected Member's Home Page (or with any other individual web page on the Internet). This can happen because of high traffic on the Internet or if your modem or ISP is not working properly. If this happens you may get a page with a message such as: "Authorization Required." Since the handshake between your web browser and the web page was never completed, your web browser "thinks" it was denied entry to the web page...even though it was actually only a browser misconnection problem (i.e., your browser glitched before it ever got to the Password Protected Member's Home Page).
If you get the "Authorization Required" error page follow these steps:
a. First, refresh (reload) your browser window so it will try to reconnect to the web page afresh.
This means you need to refresh/reload (View dropdown menu) your browser while that "Authorization Required" error page is still on your screen. This is a glitch in your own browser, i.e., your browser did not complete the "handshake" when it tried to send your User name and Password and you therefore must refresh the page so it will try sending the Password again. If you do not refresh (reload) while the "Authorization Required" page is on your screen, your browser will continue to display the error "Authorization Required" when you again try to access the same Password Protected Member's Home Page.
b. If the "Authorization Required" error page still persists, you will have to access the Password Protected Member's home page via a different web address than the original one you tried (if you access the Password Protected Member's Home Page via one of the below alternate web addresses it will clear out the "Authorization Required" error page on your computer's hard drive, and you should not have this problem again)....
Try any of these alternate web addresses to go to the SMP Member's Home Page:
Try any of these alternate web addresses to go to the TMBIO Member's Home Page:
Try any of these alternate web addresses to go to the SongConnect Member's Home Page:
c. You may even have to shut down and reboot your computer and re-try steps 6a and 6b above to get your browser to refresh properly.
d. If this problem still persists it is possible your User ID and Password are corrupted. Use our feedback form to report a non-working User ID and Password: Feedback for Non-working Password
7) Sometimes our server is down temporarily for monthly maintenance and other emergency maintenance. This usually only lasts for a few hours. Try again every hour, if the site is down for more than 4 hours
8) Please contact us using this form: http://www.lacostamusic.com/orderformfeedback.htm
La Costa Music All Rights Reserved